Liven up the winter season with this fun fruit salad! 100% pomegranate juice gives it that extra fruity (and healthy!) feel.
- 4 cups of Super Green salad mix (kale, swiss chard, baby spinach)
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thin 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tangerine, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of pepitas, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of feta cheese
- 1½ cups of 100% pomegranate juice, reduced to ¾ cup (see directions below)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the vinaigrette:
- Add the pomegranate juice to a small saucepan and place on the stove, on a simmer burner if you have one. If you have a heat diffuser, add that between the pan and the stove as well.
- Remove the rosemary from the stem and add the sprigs to the saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low and let this remain on the stove for 1 hour to reduce.
- After an hour you should have about half the original volume you started with.
- Strain to remove the rosemary leaves.
- Measure to ensure you have ¾ cup of reduced pomegranate juice for this recipe.
- Combine the reduced pomegranate juice with the vinegar, lemon juice, honey , chopped rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.
- Blend together, using an immersion blender if you have one.
- After this is blended, continue to let the blender run while slowly drizzling in a stream of olive oil.
- Toss together the salad ingredients. Drizzle on vinaigrette. Enjoy! P.S. Shake the vinaigrette before each use!
This recipe was provided by Emily Kyle of Emily Kyle Nutrition, as part of the Healthy Aperture blogger partnership.