Shake off the winter blues! This salsa recipe is made with 100% pomegranate juice, making it a fun and healthy party appetizer or afternoon snack.
- ½ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large pear, diced (I did not peel)
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cut grapes (cut into ¼s or ⅛s, depending on their size–I used large black grapes)
- 1 large pomegranate, arils removed (about 1½ cups)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey, to taste (optional)
- In a small sauce pan, heat the juice, corn starch, cinnamon, and ginger over medium low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until it becomes a thick syrup, about 8 minutes. Remove it from heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, dice your fruit and mix it together in a large bowl. When the syrup is cooled, add it to the bowl of fruit.
- Add the salt and stir everything until it’s combined.
- Taste and add 1-2 tablespoons honey, if desired.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve with cinnamon chips. Enjoy!