This festive, fruity drink is the perfect way to sneak in a fruit serving. The delicious blend of maple and juice will be a hit at your next holiday party!
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 ½ cup dark rum
- ¾ cup pure unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2/3 cup dark pure maple syrup
- 1 liter cranberry or black cherry seltzer
- chilled ice or ice ring
- Heat apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and clove in a small saucepan over high heat until just starting to simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let sit 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Line a sieve with a couple layers of cheesecloth.
- Pour the apple juice and spice mixture through the sieve into a punch bowl.
- Whisk in rum, cranberry juice and maple syrup.
- Pour in seltzer water and gently stir to combine.
- Add ice or ice ring.
This recipe was provided by Katherine P Webster from Healthy Seasonal Recipes, as part of the Healthy Aperture blogger partnership.